Application form for the main school which to be held at the University of Moratuwa : Apply here
Application form for the workshops on language and teaching: Apply here
Who can apply:
Graduate students, Researchers and Industry practitioners from South Asian countries, specifically from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. We are aiming at a total number of 30 students. We would like 15-20 of these to come from within Sri Lanka and 10-15 to be selected from applicants in Bhutan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and other South Asian Countries.
Bachelor’s degree (or a 2 year Bachelor’s degree followed by a 2 year’s Master’s degree) in the following or related disciplines:
- Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Linguistics or Language Studies/Philology
- Currently doing research and/or teaching in a relevant area and sponsored by the employing academic and/or research organization in the region
- Currently enrolled in an MS/MPhil or a Doctoral program in a relevant area
- Has at least partial funding from other sources for the summer school
Registration fee :
- Graduate students and researchers from educational institutions (for 2 weeks): 200 Euros
- Participants from Industry : 250 Euros
- Participants for workshops on language and teaching at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura: Rs. 1500.00 per workshop.
Certificate of Completion : The candidates who complete four courses and present their course projects at the Symposium on Natural Language Processing 2019 (will be held on 22nd March 2019) will get a certificate of completion. Others will get a letter certifying their participation in respective courses.
You will receive further details about the programme and the payment if you are shortlisted.
For clarifications: firstname.lastname@example.org